Sunday, March 30, 2008

Long Weekend!

This weekend I took 72 teens and adults to Acquire the Fire. It is a christian retreat that's got loud music, worship, bands, teachings, etc... I look forward to this event every year because it gets our teens on fire for God, many come to know Christ for the first time or recommit their lives to Him. This year i was given the oppertunity to take the teens myself.

We were leaving Friday at 3:30. We were driving the church mini bus, a charter bus and would meet some people at the event. We had our hotel reservations, food planned and set, people paid... However I had a feeling that it wouldn't be that easy. Thursday night came and we were down 2 female chaperones. I was calling and emailing like no tomorrow. Friday morning came, I got to work early to set things up so that we could be organized and ready to check the kids in, have a meeting, get on the bus and leave(by 3)... Didn't happen so much.

At 12:30pm we lost another chaperone. At 1:15 pm the bus company calls with bad news, "we have no bus for you." "are you kidding?!" Haha, he had to be kidding.. I was stressed out as it was and now we didn't have transportation!!!!! You bet i had a melt down!!!! As I was practically sobbing Tonya was on the phone with the company demanding answers and resolutions... sure enough after 45 minutes of calling bus companys, having a mini heart attack and waiting for the phone to ring, they got us a driver.

The bus was from the 50's. It had stars and our driver was probably in his 80's. But never the less we had a driver. Though he only drove 60 mph at all times, we had a driver. We got lost several times, nearly hit many cars, and it had me paniced the entire ride. We got to the event and worship began, God was at work in our kids lives, that's all that mattered. Meanwhile, I'm sitting worried about the next thing, Thinking about how Mark (our youth pastor) possibly did this every year, let alone every sunday night with leading the youth. The tests of my faith continued. We were without a driver saturday morning. Scott had to drive the mini bus from the hotel to the coliseum 3 times in order to get all of the kids and their luggage to the place. The bus was 30 minutes late picking us up... But I believe that God was glorified through it all. I am glad there are challenges, and its proof that God wins... We made it there and back, no one got hurt, no one was lost or stolen from us.

It was good. I'm exhausted though!!!!! God's really good. :O) He's taught me recently and is still teaching me to Trust in Him... I mean COMPLETELY. Its a journey that I know I am not alone in... and I'm thankful that I can learn to trust our Lord. I'm thankful He wants me to trust him.

I'm going to bed... just wanted to blog a bit, I will definately be writing more but can't keep my eyes open.

g-night.

No comments: