Monday, December 3, 2007

An Update---

Long time no post!

I wont lie, I am exhausted. This past week was emotional and hard. Our youth pastor that we've had for over 11 years was fired with no notice monday morning. The SPCR made the decision to let him go. It's a long story and I dont feel like explaining this, but long story made short, many people have left our church.

It was an emotional week, Monday I started out infuriated at the SPRC for firing the best thing that had ever happened to the church. Tuesday, I was eager to lift the situation up in prayer in hopes that the decision could be reversed... I scheduled a time to pray, before the administrative, and though at that time the youth pastor had made the decision not to take the job again if reversed and would not return; I was amazed by the number of teens willing and eager to pray for their youth pastor.

Wednesday was even more emotional as I felt betrayed and completely alone in the decision to stick with things and continue working and attending the church. Come thursday however, I had a peace that things would work out for the good. The bible says that, "all things work out for the good of those who love him..." Though I though that things would have been a lot harder than they were, maybe it was shock but I believe I had peace from God about the entire situation.

Thursday night I had the oppertunity to go to the Charlotte Rescue Mission--- It was a great refreshment, and I was so blessed by the experience... I will have to write another blog just to touch on the place... it was great.

Friday night I arranged a prayer meeting with the teens & Josh... we did a prayer walk and prayed specifically for our church, youth, Mark, and our new senior pastor coming in February.

Sunday night rolled around and things worked out just fine.. Even though we didn't have our youth coordinator anymore I was able to get things done and had a ton of parents willing and ready to help me with getting things accomplished! It was a blessing. However I left last night feeling extremely worn out. In this entire situation I think what hurts me most is
the amount of members we are losing due to this bad decision from the leadership of our church. I understand and know the reasons behind their leaving but I still feel somewhat betrayed.

At any rate- I am feeling pretty normal this morning. I still have a peace about this youth ministry... God wouldn't give us anything we couldn't handle... People continue to ask me what we will do in January when Josh leaves, and though I dont know I still have peace that the youth will not be forgotten. If i have to stand up and preach--- so be it.

So, the resemblance of this cheesey picture would be the fact that God knows the entire picture. We can just see all the tiny pieces. These pieces are what make us even more greatful when we come to know the Lord and begin to see the big picture.

No comments: