
Mid July I was reminded about what is it like to go white water rafting. After having a mountain top experience with my healing, I was anticipating my fall. "When will this quit? What do I do after this high"... but then it occured to me that life goes on, we have highs and lows like a roller coaster... When we hit those highs, they are even more exciting because we've been lower and lower with each curve the ride takes us.
While white water rafting your not focused on when the river ends, you're looking out for each and every rock and wave coming your way. If you didn't focus on what you were doing you'd end up falling out of the boat!
I am learning to enjoy each part of life's roller coaster. I was reminded yesterday by a close
friend how precious those low times are for you and the Lord. And there is hope in knowing that that high is just around the corner. I have been a bit lower than I have been in the past few months this past week or so. But I am reminded again that I do not need to worry about where I will be in 1 year, 2 months, a week, a day... because the Lord has ownership of my life, it is His and He is in ultimate control over every aspet.
friend how precious those low times are for you and the Lord. And there is hope in knowing that that high is just around the corner. I have been a bit lower than I have been in the past few months this past week or so. But I am reminded again that I do not need to worry about where I will be in 1 year, 2 months, a week, a day... because the Lord has ownership of my life, it is His and He is in ultimate control over every aspet.Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
And yet again I am reminded that God is all I need on this earth... more than anything else this world can offer.
“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73: 25-26'
With that said, I am ready for today's ride!!!! What an awesome story God is writing. He's writing yours too! Buckle up, and get ready for the ride of your life... literally.
No comments:
Post a Comment