Wednesday, September 3, 2008

College!

Hey gang,
I've got so much to share. I dont know where to start! haha.
Monday I moved into my dorm room... Its great! The space is just enough and it's getting a homey feeling to it now.

You know when something happens that makes you sure that you are in the right place at the right time? Monday night my roommate Labreka and I went to Target. I needed a garbage can and some other misc. items... I needed a pair of black shoes bad... I have huge feet and rarely can find my size or the style I want... As you may know i have a bulky car payment and didn't want to spend a tremendous amount of money on shoes... Sure enough on the shelf there were a pair of black dress shoes... size 10, PERFECT FIT.... $5.98. Tell me that is not a sign from the Lord!

Yesterday we had orientation, it was an orientation pretty much... they congratulated us for being accepted. This year they had to turn down over 1500 applicants. Dang right! woo.

Yesterday all of the graphic design students met together... Mr. Bouroghs is a funny guy, He kept making fun of the medical and programming students... We are definately the most entertaining major. We got our books and schedules and were sent home. I really enjoy living here. So far I am the oldest student living in the dorms... to my knowledge... Most of the girls don't know that I'm 22 going on 23. So that's a goody.

Today I had my first full day of classes. They were great. I know that I am meant to be here. The majority of the basic classes (business english and keyboarding) are like being back in high school... but the classes for my major are way fun!!! Today instead of my Intro to Mac class we went to Binders, and art store and picked up a huge amount of art supplies... there is stuff in this box that I didn't even know exsisted... This will last me the whole time here... All together its about 50 pounds of art supplies. I am living on the 5th floor! haha It catches up to you when you have to carry things upstairs!!!Here is a pic of all my stuff!

I've met several people... they are all young and crazy... for the most part... I would not have been ready for this when I was 18 years old... God's timing is right, and I know that the time is right now for me to be here!! YAY!

So.... I would absolutely love visiters.... or letters!

My address is:
Kelly Hager
322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte, North Carolina 28204
Pritchett Hall Rm# 505
The fam on move in day
My desk area
Coordinated beds!
(View from my window)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH Kelly,

WE are all so proud of you and I can feel your excitment through these emails. I am so excited to see you through this journey. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

what a mess!
jim_27@live.com