Monday, June 8, 2009

Andrew

Hope all is well! 
It is already June of 2009! Before we know it we will be celebrating Christmas! Time certainly flies... I have been at King's College for 10 months. 10 exciting/challenging months! I am so thankful for the experience that God's given me to live in the dorms on my own, to have a roommate, to experience what college is like.... I've advanced my skill set tremendously and am now a GRAPHIC DESIGNER trained in all of the adobe creative suite programs!!! That just so
unds cool. haha

God's sent me a huge blessing! 
I met a guy named Andrew on Eharmony. I signed up accidentally, but the very next day I met Andrew, I believe it was a mistake that wasn't meant to be a mistake. I can't even begin to explain the things that we have in common... We talked for hours on the phone (which is a miracle for me!) I met him in person last Tuesday. He made some awesome tunafish and peanut butter and I brought the break and drinks... we had a picnic in the Promenade... You know sometimes when you look at a picture of someone it can be decieving... I'm sure that my first eharmony date was a trial base for me.. Anyway, when I met Andrew I was blown away by good looks. ha ha. After our picnic we went to Bible study together. He loved Sojourners... and was sweet as can be. 6 days later it became official that we were dating. I know it sounds incredibly fast, but it is hard to describe how much we knew about each other and how much we have in common etc. We talked for hours and hours on the phone... 
Andrew lives in Concord. He just graduated from Nascar Technical Institute. He's a mechanic... Sadly, he lost his job the same day that we met, so he is in the lookout for a new job... But his outlook towards the job hunt is encouraging and his spirits are high. We have so much in common, from tastes in music, food, our beliefs, our likes and dislikes. Eharmony really did a good job at matching. This is all new to me... but I am leaning on the Lord for every step of this process... what I love the most is Andrew is doing the same... He wants to live a life that is glorifying to God just like I do! Each minute I spend with Him I realize how lucky I am to have met him at this time in my life.  

So that's in a nut shell what's happening... If you've seen me lately, you have probably noticed the grin on my face. God is so good.




2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL...you are so cute together.

Unknown said...

WUNDERRRFULLLLL!!!!!
It was so nice seeing you with Andrew at the Purpose Seekers picnic. We all love you so much and are so proud of your achievement, Kelly. You are navigating your life beautifully, keeping Him at the helm. Keep it up. MANY blessings to you as you continue in His grace with this great new friend by your side. Much luv2U from the Lynip Crew!