Saturday, August 7, 2010

Progress Report (haha back in HS)

This week has flown by, but it's been much better as far as emotional stability. I wouldn't trade last week though. I think that a lot was learned and because I made it through all of those stinking' attacks I was able to show myself I could sit through them and still be OK! pretty big stuff!

I spent the day on Monday alone for the most part. It was a great break from all the noise. I ended up spending the day at the Billy Graham library.  My goal was to try and connect with Jesus that day. Honestly, I didn't feel all that close to God there, it was a lot about Billy's mission and how God called him, which was very cool to see.. I'm not dissing billy graham. But would have loved a lift from Jesus. but I wasn't expecting much? I don't know if that makes sense at all...

Met with Beckie Monday night and told her I've got a budget of about $200 for her a month. She reduced her price for me from $65 to $50 and I committed to see her once a week for 90 days.  Our first training session will be on Monday. I've been just plain lazy this week as far as going to the gym. I should have gone Wednesday, but I was "too tired" then Thursday morning i had the opportunity, but I slept in! ANYWAY- I'm doing a nutritional cleansing probably starting Monday. It's a program that will result in inches gone and maybe even a couple of pounds (more than a couple I hope!) It's healthy, which is good.. I was scared at first, but it's just like any other program, only Beckie is certain it will bring about good results for me. :)

Really got a lift from Jesus yesterday. Spent some good time talking with my dear friend. Jesus is teaching me so much through our friendship. (I could go on forever...)After work- I went to a meeting at the church for Martha. She's a friend and my parents are good friends with her dad... She's struggling with severe cancer... It was really neat to be able to support her parents not only emotionally but financially. I wrote a check for her medical bills... that felt good. We planned and discussed fundraising ideas, and at the end I felt led to pray... it was the most encouraging connection I've had with God... I felt like I was face to face with Him, presenting my requests to Him... I loved how everyone was in agreement... I guess that's the power of group prayer. I'm hoping that I can get to the point where I can have that kind of prayer life personally. I know it was the Holy Spirit speaking through me to pray what I did... The Bible says that... I pray that I can pray like that... haha, sounds funny.

No comments: