That should be a movie title, "The Waiting" or maybe it is! I'm not sure. It's around 4 am, I've been up since 2:30. A lot is on my mind!
Last week I went to Winston Salem to see Joyce Meyer. What a powerful weekend. It was so encouraging, that lady is truly being used by God to minister to people.
Last week I went to Winston Salem to see Joyce Meyer. What a powerful weekend. It was so encouraging, that lady is truly being used by God to minister to people.
Well well well. God has been teaching me!!!!!!! While in Cuba I learned how strong and powerful the Word of God is... but I feel that through this conference last weekend I have learned not only that His word is powerful but EVERY word is powerful!! "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-18
This idea that every word being so important really came to me this morning as I was emailing a dear friend who is struggling with unemployment. I shared with her Philippians 4:6 " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
As I read through the verse slowly, the word petition really stood out. When I think about a petition I think about how individuals who are presenting their requests don't quietly say stuff like, "please stop killing dolphins" and walk away with their heads down. You usually hear from them for a long time before anything happens and then they are finally quiet! I think that requires them to go boldly and believe that their request will be answered... They will not give in until they have received an answer. God wants us to be in petition for our requests!!! Then, the words "with thanksgiving" stood out.
Through time and experience I am getting this! There's a lot of stuff that I'm sorting through, and I could go into detail (have been writing this entry for over 2 hours) but I feel it takes away from the message God has taught me. Saturday morning Sharon and I began to say out loud that I would have continued healing, and thanked God for his faithfulness.
Saturday I also began saying out loud and thanking the Lord for providing my car payment next month- For a job and a peace about work. I know that God has blessed me with the little things to show me He's got the big things under control.
Monday morning I received an email response from an ad on craigslist. Free lance Graphic Designer needed, I had replied and sent in my resume and portfolio... We are meeting tomorrow (Friday)! Then on Tuesday the lady in charge of my internship offered me a part time position with the company! It is a small step, but it is SOMETHING!!!!!
God is so good. I can't begin to explain the excitement and peace I have through this experience. Recently the fact that Ive got some time before I can say that I am over this struggle has been overwhelming... but I am patiently waiting, casting my care on the Lord and petitioning thankfully for His healing!
This song is from the movie Fireproof. The words are so powerful- You know when you hear a song and it seems like the song was written from YOUR heart? Click to listen :O)
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
1 comment:
˙ǝɯıʇ ǝɥʇ ןןɐ ssǝɔɔns uıɐƃ noʎ ǝdoɥ ı
؛spɹɐƃǝɹ ʇsǝq
˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ɹno oʇ oƃ uɐɔ noʎ 'ʇuoɟ ǝnbıun puıɟ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ ɟı
'ʎɐʍ ǝɥʇ ʎq
¡ƃoןq ǝɔıu ɐ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ
¡ƃuıʇǝǝɹƃ ɯɹɐʍ ¿noʎ ǝɹɐ ʍoɥ ¡oןןǝɥ
Post a Comment