"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8
It is very easy for me to get caught up in emotions. Sometimes they seem to be a huge threat to me. This week I found myself in a funk. You know when you trip and don't feel like getting back up? I was in a bad funk! Totally torn between leting go of the church pain, and holding onto it. I spent a lot of time thinking. It seemed as though there was a cloud of gloom over my head.
Last night was no different. As I was crawling into bed a thought popped in my head. "Do I really need to stay in the pit?" It was a slap in the face... We can get so caught up in the pit... I was reminded last night of the FREEDOM I have in Christ to fight those clouds of gloom!!! I made a choice to put my focus and trust in the Lord, to allow myself to feel- but to LET GO and not hold onto the things that pull me down into the pit.
It's only because of Jesus that I have this freedom. And tonight I'm very excited to share that I am out of that slimy pit! Everyday we have a choice as to how our day will go. It is up to no one but ourselves the outlook that we have.
What's your pit? Do you believe that God has the power to pull you out?
Even when it seems to hard to believe, it is true.
It is amazing the power we have when God lives in us!
"The Lord God is in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
No comments:
Post a Comment