Mid november my family and I traveled up to NJ for Mommom's(my great grandmother) 100th birthday party. She is healthy as can be and doesn't look a day over 70. She moved here from Norway when she was only 16, worked her way up to owning a restraunt which was a hit. They called this place the Hansen House. Later in Mommoms life, she and her hubby decided it was time to retire, so they sold the Hansen House and moved to Florida. But for so many in our family the Hansen House holds many memories. We had this celebration at the old Hansen House. I could go on about the house, but it was really the family that spoke the most to me. I was able to meet Norwiegen cousins I had never met, see family I haven't seen in years and listen to stories from my mom and her cousins from when they grew up in the Hansen House. I listened as many toasts were given to Mommom. As the night went on many great things were said to her. I know she had to be feeling so much love. I got up to say something and as I stood infront of her shaking with fear from all the eyes on me (there is something about family eyes, they are harder to bare than strangers!!!). As I began to speak and tell her how much I love her, as she looked me in the eyes and smiled and said in her calm and collected voice, "I love you too!", it got me thinking. 100 years old. She lived through SO MUCH! It made me laugh, as I thought how silly we must all look worrying so much about things. There isn't much we can learn that isn't new to her!!! She's been there. I think about Mommom and then I can't help but think about God. Who knows everything, it's no suprise to him what will happen tomorrow.
I'm so thankful for the lesson I learned in NJ. Its no new news to Him!!!! No one knows what will happen tomorrow, but we can have faith that God does, and He wants what is best for his children!
The past few weeks have been really rough, but what an amazing God He is!
Mommom getting ready to blow out the candle!
Mommom and her Great grandkids and great nieces & nephews.
Mommom and her daughters (my great aunt and Gma!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment