Saturday, December 20, 2008

Remember Who You Are!

I was thinking the other day, and the Lion King came to mind. You probably know the story. Simba gets blamed for his fathers death and runs away for years. He is finally faced with the fact that he is now the King of his father's land, and he can't get past the fact that he "killed" his father. He takes the lies of his uncle and others around him as fact, belives he is awful and doesn't budge. It isn't until his dad shows up, in his reflection, that he gets the courage to be the king. It's as if his dad shakes him and says. "SIMBA! REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!"

I thought about what Simba must have been thinking, how all the lies probably just vanished as he was given his dad's encouragement and confidence. So as I replayed the disney movie in my head, I felt as though God was saying to me, "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE".


Man oh Man, we have so many defiinitions of ourselves. I get caught up in them so easily. I am the Christian Goody Goody, the stupid one, the clumsy one, the needy one, the weak one, the annoying one, the invisible one, ... Can you feel me sinking? This reminded me of Who I am, who God sees me as. Not any of the above but his Beloved child.

I stole this from my dear friend Hillary, but as this was playing out in my head she sent this to me on Facebook. "Who I was in the past does not have to define who I am today, because He is the only measure that matters."

Can you feel me being pulled up? I pray that whoever reads this can feel the same encouragement that I felt.

No comments: