Friday, October 12, 2007

September 12th, 2007

Mouth Power... UPDATE!
I know I know, it's been like forever since i've posted a blog! You all are probably wondering what in the heck is going on, either that or you've forgotten that I tried to blog.
Well, It is September 12th and I am a little sick, fighting some odd bug. So that's what's got me on the couch writing a blog. Life has been crazy busy, but crazy good. I am at CP downtown, taking a photography course and a business class. Both of which are very entertaining, photography more so than business! I'm working for Mark still, that's fun. This month has been the Big Back Bash, getting back to school, pumping up kids about youth, so I have been making a ton of ads, tickets and what not getting the word out. Its been really neat. I am leaning more and more towards a degree in graphic design. I decided that i would transfer to the art institute next semester and take courses there. I'm really excited about it, I think it will be an awesome oppertunity! I showed one of our pastors some of my art and he is begging me to redesign the cover of our church bullitin, so fellow Weddingtonions, be on the look out for a new picture! He said he'd even pay me, which was like woah.. get paid for what i love to do! This might be the right path for me...
Home life is going well, although we are all so busy that we barely ever see eachother. Jimbo moved out and got an appartment by UNCC, so he is like never ever home. I sleep in his room when its super hot in mine- because he doesn't have a fan. but shhh, dont tell him!!!!
Doing great emotionally. Though something struck a chord today with a friend and an email message it just prove to me that words are so powerful. Her meaning in the words that she wrote to me I am sure were not meant to be harsh, however, me being a sensitive person (i'm proud of it, at least I dont kick a hurt person when they are down!) took it way personally and spent the morning sobbing. yes, that's right, sobbing. I have been sobbing a lot lately actually. People and their words, ya know I'm sure they all mean well, well some of them, but we need to watch what comes out of our mouth!!!! I'm talking to myself here too. In the bible it compares the tounge to the rutter on a boat, how that tiny piece of that entire ship determines its direction. The bible also says that you put a bit in the mouth of a horse to control its direction. Our mouths are powerful! (dont believe me? read James chapter 3.)
Hmm what else am I learning... I'm learning to love myself. To accept myself, to accept the love that GOD has for me. yup yup, and when you start to see yourself as God sees you, that my friends is a great life.
Its funny, in my life I have often been questioned. Recently, I think that's what been going on with this email situation. But I am learning to defend my reasoning, my faith, my reasons for my decisions and the way that I do things. Not everyone has liked them, but that is how God has designed me. I need to be unashamed and ready to show what God's done in my life. I am a woman after God's heart. I answer to NO ONE but the God of this universe. SO... in this whole email deal, that's my belief. that I have NO ONE to report to but my God, who gives a rat what I do, its none of their business, I can make decisions and do things on my own.
That probably sounds odd... if it does ignore it. I'm ranting.

and I am done. its chow time.

Peace and Blessings!

No comments: